Chapter 7 - Receiving Rewards


NA
Author's Note

TheUnsuspicious

Sorry if this chapter felt a bit boring. But if I didn’t do this. Then it will take forever for Xie Yan to get ready. And it would be boring if I had to explain the functions amid battle or conversation. So I had chosen to sacrifice this chapter for the sake of a faster story progression. Before you guys immersed yourself even deeper into the story. I would like to erase this highly possible misunderstanding. The System is by no means merely a ‘cheat’. It is not just some golden finger for the MC. No, the MC is already OP enough as it is without the System. He is literally the most gifted person in existence. Isn’t that enough already? Although I won’t deny that the System has some useful functions. Please erase your perception that the System is just some cheat that should obey every order and will of its Host. Because in this story. Morally, it should be the opposite. Because for the Hosts, the System is their life saviour. The one that gave them a second life. They were supposed to die after all. And in this story. Xie Yan is fully aware of that. The System is his benefactor. A benefactor that wanted to nurture him. Maybe it would be easier to see the System as some kind of company. The company wanted to nurture these valuable talents. The company will give all kinds of privileges and resources for them to grow. But in no way will the company sacrifice everything just for this only-potentially valuable asset. I mean, the company can always wait for the next batch of talent right? Unless they are special, why should it ever care for one single person?